2026年9月28日月曜日

創るということは、遊ぶということ。 To Create Is to Play.

 

創るということは、遊ぶということ。

脚本家の倉本聰さんが亡くなった。

91歳。

訃報に触れて、真っ先に思い出した言葉があります。

「創るということは遊ぶということ。
創るということは狂うということ。」

倉本さんはさらに、

「創るということは生きるということ」

とも語っていました。

倉本さんにとって「遊ぶ」とは、自分自身が楽しむこと。

そして「狂う」とは、熱中すること、熱狂することだったそうです。ゲーテウェブ

この言葉を聞くと、私は9年前のある夜を思い出します。

2017年2月9日

いわき芸術文化交流館アリオス、中劇場。

倉本聰さんが作・共同演出を手掛けた、富良野GROUP特別公演

『走る』

が上演されました。

そしてなぜか私も、舞台にいました(笑)。

役どころは、

「走るおじさんたち」

の一人。

もちろん本職の俳優ではありません。

一般出演者、いわゆるエキストラです。

でも、本番になればそんなことは関係ありません。

舞台に出て、

走って、

演じて、

楽しんだ。

あの夜だけは、医者でも病院長でもなく——

いや、当時はまだ病院長でもありませんでしたが(笑)、

とにかく、

本気で遊びました。

そして、

本気で狂いました。

遊び狂う

今になって思います。

あれは、倉本さんの言葉を、頭で理解するよりずっと前に、

身体で教えてもらった夜だったのかもしれません。

創るということは、遊ぶということ。

創るということは、狂うということ。

創るということは、生きるということ。

「遊ぶ」と「狂う」は、いい加減にやるという意味ではない。

むしろ逆なのでしょう。

面白がる。

夢中になる。

馬鹿みたいに真剣になる。

誰もやっていないことをやってみる。

そして、自分自身が一番楽しむ。

そうやって初めて、

何かが「創られる」。

あれから9年

私は脚本家にはなりませんでした。

相変わらず医者をしています。

でも考えてみれば、

病院で新しいことを始めるときも、

地域で人をつなぐときも、

「いとち」なんていう、ちょっと変なことを始めるときも、

どこかにこの精神があったような気がします。

正解があるから始めるのではない。

面白そうだから、やってみる。

やっているうちに夢中になる。

夢中になっているうちに、誰かが加わる。

気がつけば、

なかったものが、そこにできている。

もしかすると、

創るということは、そういうことなのかもしれません。

2017年2月9日。

アリオスの舞台で、

私は「走るおじさん」の一人として、

遊び狂いました。

あの夜から9年。

倉本聰さんの訃報に接して、

あの舞台を走った自分を、久しぶりに思い出しています。

そしてこれからも、

仕事でも、

地域でも、

人生でも、

ときどき真面目に、

遊び狂ってみようと思います。

倉本聰さん。

たくさんの物語をありがとうございました。

そして、

「創る」という、とんでもなく面白い生き方を教えてくださって、ありがとうございました。

心よりご冥福をお祈りいたします。

石井 敦


To Create Is to Play.

Screenwriter So Kuramoto has passed away.

He was 91.

When I heard the news, one of his sayings immediately came back to me:

“To create is to play.
To create is to go mad.”

Kuramoto also spoke of creation as a way of living.

By “play,” he did not mean taking things lightly.

And by “going mad,” he meant becoming completely absorbed—throwing yourself into something with passion, curiosity, and joy.

Those words take me back to one particular night, nine years ago.

February 9, 2017

At the Iwaki Performing Arts Center Alios, Kuramoto’s Furano GROUP staged a special performance of

RUN — Hashiru.

The play was written and co-directed by So Kuramoto.

And, for some reason,

I was on stage too.

My role?

One of the

“running middle-aged men.”

I was, of course, no professional actor.

I was one of the local extras invited to take part in the production.

But once the performance began, none of that mattered.

We ran.

We performed.

We threw ourselves into it.

And we had fun.

For that one night, I was no longer a doctor.

I was simply one of the men running across Kuramoto’s stage.

And I played with all my heart.

In fact,

I went a little mad.

Playing Madly

Looking back now, perhaps that night taught me Kuramoto’s philosophy through my body long before I understood it with my mind.

To create is to play.

To create is to go mad.

To create is to live.

“Playing” and “going mad” do not mean being careless.

Quite the opposite.

It means finding something fascinating.

Becoming completely absorbed in it.

Taking something almost ridiculously seriously.

Trying something no one has tried before.

And, above all,

enjoying it yourself.

Perhaps that is when something truly new begins to emerge.

Nine Years Later

I never became a screenwriter.

I am still a doctor.

But when I think about it, perhaps some of that spirit has remained with me.

Whenever we try something new at the hospital.

Whenever we bring people together in the community.

Whenever we start something slightly strange—like ITOCHI.

We do not always begin because we already know the right answer.

Sometimes we begin simply because it seems interesting.

We try it.

We become absorbed in it.

Someone else joins us.

And before we know it,

something that did not exist before

has come into being.

Perhaps that, too, is what it means to create.

On February 9, 2017, at Alios in Iwaki,

I was one of the “running middle-aged men.”

And that night,

I played madly.

Nine years later, hearing of So Kuramoto’s passing has brought that night vividly back to me.

So from time to time—in my work, in the community, and in life—

I think I will continue to take things seriously enough

to play a little madly.

So Kuramoto,

thank you for all the stories you gave us.

And thank you for showing us that

creating can be such an extraordinary way to live.

May you rest in peace.

Atsushi Ishii



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿