医療を街に置く ― かしまモデル 二十年の軌跡 ―
第77話 呼び出されて、未来を見た。
今日、福島県環境創造センターに来ました。
「福島の未来について勉強しよう!」
と、高い志を持ってやって来たわけではありません。
東北厚生局に呼び出されたからです(笑)。
病院長として、
令和8年度「集団的個別指導」
を受けるためです。
会場は、福島県環境創造センター交流棟「コミュタン福島」。
開始は14時。
こういうものに遅刻する勇気はありませんので(笑)、少し早めに到着しました。
すると。
せっかく来たのだから、館内をちょっと見てみよう。
そんな軽い気持ちで歩き始めました。
地球が、置いてある
最初から、なかなかすごい。
大きな地球が置いてあります。
画面には、
「地球のスケール」
という文字。
月までどれくらい離れているのか。
太陽まではどれくらいなのか。
普段、病院の中で数メートル、数十メートルの世界を行ったり来たりしている人間が、いきなり億単位のスケールに放り出されます。
そして館内を進んでいくと、
「探る!ふくしまの環境のいま」
「見せます!研究現場のいま」
「福島のいまが見える場所」
と続きます。
モニタリング。
調査研究。
情報収集と発信。
教育、研修、交流。
東日本大震災と原子力災害を経験した福島が、
環境を調べ、
見えるようにし、
伝え、
人を育て、
その先の未来をつくろうとしている。
なかなか面白い。
完全に見学者の顔になっていました。
もう一度言いますが、
東北厚生局に呼び出されて来ています(笑)。
13時30分
館内を歩いていると、
「環境創造シアター」という場所がありました。
全天空。
360°。
立体映像。
そして、ちょうど13時30分から上映が始まるという。
時計を見る。
間に合う。
指導開始は14時。
これは、観るしかない。
こうして、東北厚生局から指導を受ける直前の病院長は、
360°のシアターへ吸い込まれていきました(笑)。
周り全部が、福島になった
上映されたのは、
「福島イノベーション」
という映像でした。
ナレーションは、
西田敏行さん。
映像が始まる。
正面だけではありません。
横にも。
後ろにも。
上にも。
視界の周りを映像が取り囲む。
映画を「見る」というより、
映像の中に、自分が入っていく。
そんな感覚です。
福島の風景が広がる。
震災と原子力災害を経験した土地。
そこから立ち上がろうとする人たち。
研究。
新しい技術。
産業。
そして未来。
次々と風景が入れ替わっていきます。
その真ん中に、自分が立っている。
そして、西田敏行さんの声が響く。
福島で生まれた人なら、
これはちょっと、ずるい。
「元に戻す」だけではない
映像に包まれながら、
だんだん私の中で一つの言葉が大きくなってきました。
未来。
震災のあと、
私たちはずっと「復興」という言葉を使ってきました。
壊れたものを直す。
失ったものを取り戻す。
暮らしを元に戻す。
もちろん、それは大切です。
でも、このシアターで見せられた福島は、
ただ昔の福島へ戻ろうとしているのではありませんでした。
失ったものがある。
変わってしまったものがある。
だからこそ、
ここから、まだなかったものをつくろうとしている。
館内の壁にあった言葉を思い出しました。
「環境から挑む『ふくしまの未来創造』」
復旧する。
復興する。
そして、その先に、
創造する。
がある。
360°の映像の真ん中で、
その言葉が妙に腑に落ちました。
あれ、これ、どこかで見たな
シアターを出て、また展示を眺めます。
環境を調べる。
現場を見せる。
情報を伝える。
人を育てる。
いろいろな組織とつながる。
そして、
未来をつくる。
……。
あれ?
これ、
どこかで見たことがあります。
私たちも、
病気を診る。
患者さんの暮らしを見る。
地域へ出る。
そこで分かったことを伝える。
学生や研修医を育てる。
医療だけではない人たちとつながる。
そして、
地域のこれからをつくろうとしている。
環境創造センターは、
環境から、福島の未来をつくろうとしている。
ならば、私たちは、
医療から、地域の未来をつくればいい。
やっていることの大きさは全然違います。
でも、
向いている方向は、
案外近いのかもしれません。
そして14時
時計を見る。
そろそろです。
福島の未来にすっかり感動したところで、
現実へ戻ります。
本日の本来の目的、
東北厚生局の集団的個別指導(笑)。
会場へ向かいます。
保険診療の理解。
指導・監査について。
こちらも病院長として、もちろん大切な勉強です。
でも、今日ここへ来なければ、
13時30分のシアターを見ることもありませんでした。
地球のスケールを眺めることも。
福島の環境の「いま」を歩くことも。
西田敏行さんの声に包まれながら、
福島の未来について考えることもなかったでしょう。
人生、
どこで何を拾うか分かりません。
東北厚生局に呼び出されて、
少し早く着いた。
ただ、それだけでした。
でも、その30分で、
私は「指導」を受ける前に、
別のものを教えてもらいました。
震災から立ち直るということは、
元に戻ることだけではない。
経験したことを次へつなぎ、
まだなかった未来をつくること。
環境から挑む人たちがいる。
産業から挑む人たちがいる。
研究から挑む人たちがいる。
ならば、
私たちは医療から挑もう。
医療を街に置く。
それは、
失われたものを取り戻すだけではなく、
この街に、まだなかった未来をつくることなのかもしれません。
せっかく呼び出されるなら、
何か一つ余計に学んで帰る。
今日は、保険診療について学ぶ前に、
福島の未来を見せてもらいました。
石井 敦
Bringing Healthcare into the Community — Twenty Years of the Kashima Model
Episode 77 — Summoned—and Shown the Future.
Today, I came to the Fukushima Prefectural Centre for Environmental Creation.
I would like to say that I came here with a lofty ambition:
“Today, I’m going to learn about Fukushima’s future!”
But that would not be entirely true.
I was summoned by the Tohoku Regional Bureau of Health and Welfare(笑).
As a hospital director, I was here to attend a group-based individual guidance session for fiscal year 2026.
The venue was Commutan Fukushima, the public exchange facility of the Fukushima Prefectural Centre for Environmental Creation.
The session was scheduled to begin at 2:00 p.m.
I am not quite brave enough to arrive late for something like this(笑), so I got there a little early.
And then I thought:
Well, since I’m here, I might as well have a quick look around.
So I started exploring.
There Is a Planet Earth Sitting There
Right from the beginning, the place is impressive.
There is a huge globe.
On the screen beside it are the words:
“The Scale of the Earth.”
How far away is the Moon?
How far away is the Sun?
A person who normally spends his working day moving around a hospital within a world measured in meters and tens of meters is suddenly thrown into a scale measured in millions and billions.
As I continued through the exhibits, more phrases appeared:
“Explore Fukushima’s Environment Today!”
“Virtual Lab — What’s Happening in the Latest Research?”
“The Current State of Fukushima.”
Monitoring.
Research.
Collecting and sharing information.
Education, training, and exchange.
After experiencing the Great East Japan Earthquake and the nuclear disaster, Fukushima is working to understand its environment,
make that knowledge visible,
share it,
educate people,
and use it to create the future.
This was getting interesting.
I had completely transformed into an enthusiastic museum visitor.
Let me remind you:
I was actually here because I had been summoned by the health authorities(笑).
1:30 p.m.
As I wandered through the building, I came across something called the
Environmental Creation Theater.
An immersive theater.
A 360-degree screen.
Stereoscopic images surrounding the audience.
And, by sheer luck, the next presentation was starting at 1:30.
I looked at my watch.
Perfect timing.
My official session started at 2:00.
There was no way I was going to miss this.
And so, just before receiving official guidance from the Tohoku Regional Bureau of Health and Welfare,
this hospital director disappeared into a 360-degree theater(笑).
Suddenly, Fukushima Was Everywhere
The film was called:
“Fukushima Innovation.”
The narration was by
Toshiyuki Nishida.
The film began.
But the images were not only in front of me.
They were beside me.
Behind me.
Above me.
My entire field of vision was surrounded.
Rather than simply “watching” a film,
it felt as though I had stepped inside it.
The landscapes of Fukushima appeared all around me.
A land that had experienced an earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster.
People working to move forward.
Research.
New technologies.
Industry.
And the future.
The scenes kept changing,
and I was standing right in the middle of them.
Then came Toshiyuki Nishida’s voice.
For someone born in Fukushima,
that is almost unfair.
It gets you.
Not Simply “Putting Things Back”
As I stood surrounded by those images,
one word gradually grew larger in my mind.
The future.
Since the disaster, we have used the word “reconstruction” countless times.
Repair what was damaged.
Recover what was lost.
Restore people’s lives.
Of course, all of that matters.
But the Fukushima I saw inside that theater was not simply trying to return to the Fukushima that existed before.
Things were lost.
Things were changed forever.
And precisely because of that,
people were trying to create something that had never existed before.
I remembered the words I had seen on one of the walls:
“Creating Fukushima’s Future from an Environmental Perspective.”
First, recovery.
Then reconstruction.
And beyond that,
creation.
Standing in the middle of that 360-degree world,
the idea suddenly made perfect sense.
Wait. Haven’t I Seen This Somewhere Before?
I left the theater and continued looking around.
Study the environment.
Show people what is happening.
Share information.
Educate the next generation.
Connect different organizations.
And then,
create the future.
Hmm.
Something about this felt familiar.
We, too,
diagnose illness.
Look at the lives of our patients.
Go out into the community.
Share what we learn there.
Educate medical students and residents.
Connect with people far beyond healthcare.
And then,
try to create the future of our community.
The Centre for Environmental Creation is trying to create Fukushima’s future
through the environment.
Then perhaps we can try to create our community’s future
through healthcare.
The scale of what we are doing is entirely different.
But perhaps
we are facing in much the same direction.
And Then, 2:00 p.m.
I looked at my watch.
Time to go.
After becoming thoroughly inspired by Fukushima’s future,
it was time to return to reality.
The actual reason I had come here:
my group-based individual guidance session with the Tohoku Regional Bureau of Health and Welfare(笑).
Understanding Japan’s health insurance system.
Learning about guidance and audits.
Of course, these are important things for a hospital director to understand.
But if I had not come here today,
I would never have seen the 1:30 theater presentation.
I would not have stood beside that enormous globe.
I would not have walked through exhibits showing Fukushima’s environment today.
And I would not have found myself surrounded by images of Fukushima’s future,
listening to Toshiyuki Nishida’s voice.
You never know
where you are going to find something worth taking home.
I was summoned by the health authorities.
And I happened to arrive a little early.
That was all.
But in those thirty minutes,
before receiving the “guidance” I had officially come for,
I was taught something else.
Recovering from a disaster does not mean simply returning to the way things were.
It means carrying what we have experienced into what comes next,
and
creating a future that did not exist before.
Some people are approaching that future through the environment.
Others through industry.
Others through research.
Then perhaps,
we should approach it through healthcare.
Bringing healthcare into the community.
Perhaps that means more than recovering what has been lost.
Perhaps it also means
creating a future this community has never had before.
If you are going to be summoned somewhere,
you might as well learn one extra thing while you are there.
Today, before learning about health insurance,
I was shown the future of Fukushima.
Atsushi Ishii

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿