2026年8月29日土曜日

40万アクセスの向こう側へ ― いわきの話を書いていたら、世界につながっていた ― Beyond 400,000 Views — I Wrote About Iwaki, and Somehow Connected with the World —

 

40万アクセスの向こう側へ

― いわきの話を書いていたら、世界につながっていた ―

今年3月、このブログが30万アクセスに届こうとしていた頃、私は一本の記事を書きました。

「30万アクセスの向こう側に見えたもの」

アクセス解析を眺めていたら、アメリカをはじめ、海外からのアクセスがほぼ半数を占めていた。

当時は、ほとんど日本語で書いていました。

海外に向けて発信しているつもりもありませんでした。

それなのに、なぜか海の向こうから、この「いわきの現場」がのぞかれている。

そこで私は一瞬、

「ついに世界が、我々の先進的な取り組みに気づいたか」

と思いました(笑)。

もちろん、すぐに思い直しました。

世界が見ているのは、完成された「かしまモデル」などではない。

日本が世界に先駆けて直面している超高齢社会の中で、治すだけでは支えきれなくなった患者さんと家族に、私たちが迷いながら向き合っている。

その**「まだ答えの出ていない現場」**を、誰かがのぞいているのではないか。

そんなことを書きました。

あれから、まだ5か月です。


どういうわけか、さらに世界がのぞいている

現在、このブログは開設から16年。

累計アクセスは37万を超えました。

そして、直近2か月は、月間約25,000アクセスのペースになっています。

16年間のアクセス推移をグラフにすると、最近のところだけ、ほとんど垂直に立ち上がっています。

何が起きたのでしょう。

実は、この数か月で一つ、大きく変えたことがあります。

『医療を街に置く ― かしまモデル 二十年の軌跡 ―』

という連載を始めました。

そして、少し調子に乗りました。

英語でも書き始めました(笑)。


日本が5位になった

さらに驚いたのが、アクセス元です。

ブログ開設以来の全期間で見ると、当然ながら日本が最多です。

ところが、直近1年では様子が変わります。

アメリカ。

シンガポール。

香港。

そして日本。

さらに直近3か月では、

アメリカ、シンガポール、香港、ブラジルに続いて、

日本は5位。

ドイツ、ベトナム、インド、アルゼンチン、インドネシア、パキスタンなどからもアクセスがあります。

福島県いわき市の小さな病院の話なのですが。

いったい、どうしたことでしょう(笑)。

もちろん、この数字をそのまま「世界中の人が読んでいる!」と解釈するほど、私も楽天的ではありません。

検索エンジンのクローラーなのかもしれない。

AIが読みに来ているのかもしれない。

何かよく分からない機械が、せっせと巡回しているだけなのかもしれない(笑)。

Bloggerのアクセス解析だけでは分かりません。

それでも、一つだけ確かなことがあります。

このブログへの入口が、日本の外へ大きく広がっている。


世界向けの話を書いたわけではない

では、この数か月、世界の人に読んでもらおうと、内容を国際化したのでしょうか。

むしろ逆です。

前よりずっと、いわきの話を書くようになりました。

患者さんを1800km離れた故郷へ送り届けた看護師の話。

人生の最終段階をどう生きるかという話。

病院の外で「いとち」を一緒につくった人の話。

医学生が、この街で医療と暮らしの関係を考えた話。

研修医が「病院の患者さん」を「地域で暮らす一人の人」と見るようになっていく話。

そして最近は、

かしま病院の1階から3階までをつなぐ「ガンバロード」の話まで書きました。

どれも、極めてローカルです。

世界標準の話ではありません。

いわきで起きた、小さな出来事ばかりです。


ローカルを薄めなかった

海外に伝えようとすると、つい地域固有のものを削りたくなります。

制度の違いをなくして、

地名を減らして、

誰にでも分かる一般論にして、

「世界共通」の話に整える。

でも、この連載では、それをしませんでした。

いわきは、いわきのまま。

かしま病院は、かしま病院のまま。

患者さんも、職員も、研修医も、地域の人も、

できるだけ、その場の匂いを残したまま書いてきました。

それを英語にもしました。

すると不思議なことに、

ローカルを薄めるのではなく、濃くするほど、世界との接点が増えていきました。


なぜだろう

たぶん、病院の仕組みは国によって違います。

医療制度も違う。

文化も違う。

家族のあり方も違う。

でも、

病気になること。

老いること。

家に帰りたいと思うこと。

自分らしく生きたいと思うこと。

誰かに支えてもらうこと。

そして、誰かを支えること。

そこには、あまり国境がないのかもしれません。

ガンバロードは、世界のどこにもありません。

でも、

自分で歩けるときは、一緒に歩く。
歩けないときは、みんなで運ぶ。

ということなら、世界のどこにでもある。

いとちは、いわきで生まれました。

でも、

医療を医療者だけのものにせず、暮らしている人たちと一緒につくる。

という問いなら、どの街にもある。

そして、

「この人は、どんな暮らしから病院へ来て、どんな暮らしへ帰っていくのだろう」

という問いも、おそらく世界共通です。


30万アクセスの向こう側で見えたもの

3月、30万アクセスを前にして、私はこう考えていました。

世界がのぞき込んでいるのは、完成された答えではない。

迷い、逡巡し、試行錯誤している「未完成の現場」なのではないか、と。

その考えは、今も変わりません。

でも、37万を超え、40万が見えてきた今、もう一つだけ付け加えたくなりました。

ローカルを突き詰めると、普遍にたどり着くことがある。

世界に届けるために、いわきを消す必要はなかった。

むしろ、

「いわきでは、こんなことが起きていますよ」

と、そのまま話せばよかった。


今度はこちらから、少し話しかけてみる

30万アクセスの頃、

世界がこちらをのぞいているような気がしました。

そして今。

こちらからも、少し話しかけてみようと思っています。

世界に通用する完成されたモデルをつくって、

「これが正解です」

と輸出するつもりはありません。

そんなものは、たぶんありません。

この街で起きていることを、

この街の言葉で、

できれば英語も添えて(笑)、

丁寧に残していく。

うまくいったことも。

うまくいかなかったことも。

患者さんの言葉も。

職員の迷いも。

若い医療者が成長していく姿も。

街の人たちとの出会いも。

その記録を、これからも続けていこうと思います。

16年間、ブログを書いてきました。

でも、もしかすると今になって、

何のために書いていたのかが、ようやく分かり始めたのかもしれません。

医療のことを書こうとするより、

人の暮らしを書く。

街を書く。

そこにいる人を書く。

すると、その中から、

医療が勝手に浮かび上がってくる。

そして、その街の物語が、

ときどき海を越えていく。

ローカルを突き詰めたら、グローバルにつながった。

それなら、もう少し続けてみようと思います。

医療を街に置く。

その街の物語を、世界へ。

それが、私たちの挑戦です。

石井 敦


Beyond 400,000 Views

— I Wrote About Iwaki, and Somehow Connected with the World —

This March, as this blog was approaching 300,000 views, I wrote a post titled:

“What I Saw Beyond 300,000 Views.”

When I looked at the statistics, I noticed something unexpected.

Nearly half of the traffic was coming from outside Japan, including a substantial number of visits from the United States.

At the time, I was writing almost entirely in Japanese.

I certainly was not trying to communicate with an international audience.

And yet, somehow, people from across the ocean seemed to be peeking into what was happening here in Iwaki.

For a brief moment, I thought:

“At last, the world has discovered how advanced we are!”

Then I reconsidered.(笑)

Perhaps the world was not looking at a polished, completed “Kashima Model” at all.

Japan has entered a super-aged society earlier than most countries. Every day, we encounter patients and families whose lives can no longer be supported by medicine focused solely on curing disease.

We hesitate.

We struggle.

We try something.

Sometimes it works.

Sometimes it does not.

Perhaps what people were looking at was not a finished answer, but rather a place where the answers have not yet been found.

That was what I wrote five months ago.


Somehow, the World Is Still Looking

This blog is now sixteen years old.

Its total number of views has passed 370,000.

And over the past two months, it has been receiving roughly 25,000 views per month.

When I look at the graph covering the entire sixteen-year history of the blog, the most recent section rises almost vertically.

So what happened?

Over the past several months, I made one significant change.

I began a series called:

“Bringing Healthcare into the Community — Twenty Years of the Kashima Model.”

And then I became slightly ambitious.

I started writing it in English too.(笑)


Japan Has Fallen to Fifth Place

What surprised me even more was where the traffic was coming from.

Across the entire history of the blog, Japan is naturally the largest source of views.

But over the past year, the picture has changed.

The United States.

Singapore.

Hong Kong.

And then Japan.

Looking only at the past three months, the ranking is even more surprising:

the United States, Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil...

and then,

Japan in fifth place.

There are also visits from Germany, Vietnam, India, Argentina, Indonesia, Pakistan, and elsewhere.

All this for stories from a small hospital in Iwaki, Fukushima.

What on earth is going on?(笑)

Of course, I am not optimistic enough to interpret these numbers as proof that thousands of people around the world are eagerly reading every word.

Some of the traffic may come from search-engine crawlers.

Perhaps AI systems are visiting.

Perhaps some mysterious machines are simply wandering around the internet, diligently dropping by my blog.(笑)

Blogger statistics alone cannot tell me exactly what is happening.

But one thing is clear:

the entrances to this blog have spread far beyond Japan.


I Wasn't Writing for the World

So did I begin making my writing more international in order to attract readers overseas?

Actually, I did the opposite.

I began writing much more about Iwaki.

I wrote about a nurse who helped a patient travel 1,800 kilometers back to their hometown.

I wrote about how people want to live during the final stage of life.

I wrote about people outside the hospital who helped create ITOCHI with us.

I wrote about medical students thinking about the relationship between healthcare and everyday life in this community.

I wrote about a junior doctor gradually learning to see a “hospital patient” as “a person living in the community.”

And most recently, I even wrote about the Ganba Road, the long ramp connecting the first, second, and third floors of Kashima Hospital.

These are all intensely local stories.

They are not stories about some universal, standardized model of healthcare.

They are simply small things that happened here in Iwaki.


I Didn't Dilute the Local Story

When we try to communicate something internationally, there is a temptation to remove whatever seems too local.

We simplify differences in healthcare systems.

We remove place names.

We smooth away cultural details.

We turn the story into something general enough for “everyone” to understand.

But that is not what I have done with this series.

Iwaki remains Iwaki.

Kashima Hospital remains Kashima Hospital.

The patients, staff members, junior doctors, students, and people in the community remain rooted in the places where their stories actually happened.

I have tried to preserve the texture of those places.

And then I translated those stories into English.

Strangely enough,

the more deeply local the stories became, the more connections they seemed to make with the world.


Why?

Healthcare systems differ from country to country.

So do cultures.

So do families.

So do the ways communities work.

But some things may not have much respect for national borders.

Becoming ill.

Growing old.

Wanting to go home.

Wanting to live as yourself.

Being supported by someone.

And supporting someone else.

The Ganba Road exists nowhere else in the world.

But perhaps this idea does:

When you can walk, we walk with you.
When you cannot walk, we carry you together.

ITOCHI was born in Iwaki.

But this question could belong to any community:

What happens when healthcare is not left to healthcare professionals alone, but created together with the people who live there?

And this question, too, is probably universal:

“What kind of life did this person come from when they entered the hospital, and what kind of life will they return to when they leave?”


What I Saw Beyond 300,000 Views

Back in March, as the blog approached 300,000 views, I wondered whether people overseas were looking not for completed answers, but at an unfinished reality.

A place where people hesitate, struggle, improvise, and keep trying.

I still think that may be true.

But now, with 370,000 views behind us and 400,000 coming into sight, I would add one more thought.

Sometimes, if you go deeply enough into the local, you arrive at something universal.

I did not need to erase Iwaki in order to reach the world.

Perhaps all I needed to do was say:

“This is what is happening here in Iwaki.”


Perhaps It's Time for Us to Speak Back

At 300,000 views, I felt as though the world might be peeking in at us.

Now I think perhaps it is time for us to speak back.

Not by creating a finished model and exporting it to the world with the claim:

“This is the answer.”

I don't think such an answer exists.

Instead, I want to continue documenting what happens in this community,

in the language of this community,

and, whenever possible, with an English version alongside it.(笑)

The things that went well.

The things that did not.

The words of patients.

The uncertainties of staff.

Young healthcare professionals finding their way.

Encounters with people in the community.

I have been writing this blog for sixteen years.

And perhaps only now am I beginning to understand why I have been writing it at all.

Instead of trying to write about healthcare,

write about people's lives.

Write about the community.

Write about the people who live there.

And somehow,

healthcare begins to emerge from within those stories.

Then, every once in a while,

a story from one small community crosses the ocean.

When we went deeply local, we somehow became global.

So I think I'll keep writing for a while longer.

Bringing healthcare into the community.

And bringing the stories of that community to the world.

That is our challenge.

Atsushi Ishii

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿