第71話 追記 2026年9月7日
この第71話を投稿したのは、昨日9月6日です。
大雨を前に、准看護学校の休講を決め、自宅でも備えをしながら、
「災害は防げなくても、減災はできる。」
「先手を打つ。でも、早仕舞いはしない。」
そう書きました。
そして、その翌日。
本日9月7日、残念な事故が起きてしまいました。
いわき市鹿島町の鹿島ショッピングセンター構内にあるアンダーパスが冠水し、車が水没する事故が発生しました。
救助された方がお亡くなりになったと知りました。
昨日書いたばかりの「減災」という言葉が、わずか一日で、これほど重い意味を持って自分に返ってくるとは思いませんでした。
今回の事故について、現時点ではまだ分かっていないことがあります。
いつから水位が上がったのか。
どのような警戒や管理が行われていたのか。
事前に通行を規制することが可能だったのか。
十分な検証なしに、誰かの責任を論じるべきではないと思います。
一方で、今回の大雨に際し、千葉では、過去の冠水死亡事故を教訓として、危険なアンダーパスを冠水する前に予防的に通行止めにする措置が取られたと報じられています。
昨日、私はこう書きました。
何も起きなかったら、それでいい。
これは休校や避難だけの話ではないのだと思います。
通行止めにしたのに冠水しなかった。
結果として、規制する必要がなかったように見えた。
それでもいい。
人の命を守るための空振りなら、何度でも空振りすればいい。
「危険になったら止める」のではなく、
「危険になるかもしれないから、先に止める」。
それもまた、減災なのだと思います。
昨日の記事のタイトルは、
「『もう大丈夫』を、急がない。」
でした。
その翌日の今日、もう一つ、この言葉を加えたいと思います。
「まだ大丈夫」も、過信しない。
災害から学ぶということは、起きてしまったことを記憶するだけではありません。
次に同じような雨が降ったとき、私たちの行動を変えること。
今回の事故が十分に検証され、その教訓が、次の一人の命を守る仕組みに変わることを願います。
亡くなられた方のご冥福を、心よりお祈り申し上げます。
石井 敦
Addendum — September 7, 2026
I posted Episode 71 yesterday, September 6.
With heavy rain approaching, I decided to cancel classes at the practical nursing school and began making preparations at home as well.
I wrote:
“Even when we cannot prevent a disaster, we can reduce its impact.”
And:
“Act early. But don’t stand down too early.”
Then, just one day later.
Today, September 7, a tragic accident occurred.
An underpass within the Kashima Shopping Center complex in Iwaki became flooded, and a vehicle was submerged.
I later learned that a person rescued from the vehicle had died.
I never imagined that the word “disaster risk reduction,” which I had written about only yesterday, would come back to me with such weight just one day later.
There are still many things we do not know about this accident.
When did the water begin to rise?
What monitoring and safety measures were in place?
Could the road have been closed beforehand?
I do not think we should assign blame before these questions have been properly investigated.
At the same time, during this period of heavy rain, authorities in Chiba reportedly took a different preventive approach. Drawing on lessons from a previous fatal flooding accident, they closed potentially dangerous underpasses before they became flooded.
Yesterday, I wrote:
“If nothing happens, that is the best possible outcome.”
I now realize that this principle applies to more than school closures and evacuation decisions.
Suppose an underpass is closed, but the expected flooding never occurs.
Suppose, afterward, the closure appears to have been unnecessary.
That is all right.
If protecting human life means accepting a false alarm, then we should be willing to accept false alarms again and again.
Rather than waiting until a place becomes dangerous before closing it,
we can close it because it might become dangerous.
That, too, is disaster risk reduction.
Yesterday’s episode was titled:
“Don’t Rush to Say, ‘We’re Safe Now.’”
Today, just one day later, I would add one more thought:
Don’t be too confident in saying, “We’re still safe.”
Learning from a disaster means more than remembering what happened.
It means changing what we do the next time the same kind of danger approaches.
I hope this accident will be thoroughly investigated, and that what we learn from it will be turned into systems and actions that protect the next life.
My deepest condolences go to the person who lost their life and to their loved ones.
Atsushi Ishii

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿