第89話 床屋さんまで届いた。
行きつけの床屋さんに行ってきました。
昔ながらの昭和レトロな床屋さんだったのですが、最近、新築してリニューアル。
すっかり美容室のような、明るくおしゃれなお店になりました。
髪を切ってもらいながら、いつものように世間話をしていたら、店主さんがこんなことを言いました。
「石井さんの投稿は、長文系の割には結構刺さるので、読み入ってしまうんですよ。」
長文系の割には(笑)。
褒められているのかどうか、一瞬だけ迷いましたが、その続きがありました。
「言葉の選び方や伝え方も参考になりますし、自分の仕事にも落とし込んで考えることも多いんです。」
これは、嬉しかった。
医療の話なのに
私が書いているのは、ほとんどが医療の話です。
患者さんのこと。
病院のこと。
地域医療のこと。
学生や研修医のこと。
そして最近は、「医療を街に置く」ということを、いろいろな角度から書いています。
だから当然、医療者が読んでくれれば嬉しい。
医学生や研修医が何かを感じてくれたら、もっと嬉しい。
でも、その文章を読んだ床屋さんが、
「自分の仕事にも落とし込んで考える」
と言ってくれた。
そこに、少し驚きました。
医療を街に置く、ということ
考えてみれば、「医療を街に置く」というのは、病院から医療者が出ていくことだけではないのかもしれません。
病院の中で考えていることを、街の人たちが自分の言葉で受け取れる場所まで持っていく。
そして、それが床屋さんなら床屋さんの仕事に、
商店なら商店の仕事に、
学校なら教育に、
家庭なら暮らしに、
それぞれ違う形で落とし込まれていく。
そこまで行って初めて、
医療は、街のものになる。
そんな気がしました。
髪を切りながら
病院の理念を説明したわけではありません。
プライマリ・ヘルス・ケアについて講義したわけでもありません。
髪を切ってもらいながら、
「読んでますよ」
と言われただけです。
でも、その何気ない会話の中に、私たちがずっとやろうとしてきたことの答えがありました。
医療のことを、医療者だけの言葉にしない。
専門家だけで囲わない。
街の人が読んで、
「これ、自分の仕事にもあるな」
と思えるところまで持っていく。
それもまた、地域医療なのだと思います。
床屋さんまで届いた。
ブログを書き始めたころ、こんなことになるとは思っていませんでした。
診療のことを書き、
病院のことを書き、
地域のことを書き続けてきたら、
いつの間にか、その言葉が病院の外を歩き始めていました。
そして今日、
散髪をしに行った先で、その言葉に再会しました。
たぶん、これが一番嬉しい。
アクセス数が増えるのも嬉しい。
海外から読まれるのも面白い。
でも、
街の誰かの仕事の中に、一つの問いとして残る。
それ以上の「アクセス」は、なかなかありません。
髪を切ってもらいに行っただけなのに、
こちらのほうが、少し整えてもらった気がします(笑)。
医療を街に置く。
それは、医療を街へ持っていくことだけではなく、
街の人の中で、医療が別の何かに変わっていくことなのかもしれません。
それが、私たちの挑戦です。
石井 敦
Episode 89 — It Reached My Barber.
I went to my regular barber the other day.
It used to be the kind of wonderfully retro barbershop that felt as though a little piece of the Showa era had survived there.
Recently, however, it was rebuilt and completely renovated.
Now it is bright, clean, and stylish—almost more like a modern hair salon.
As he was cutting my hair, we were chatting as usual when he suddenly said:
“Your posts are pretty long, but they really hit home. I find myself getting drawn in and reading all the way through.”
“Pretty long, but…”(笑)
For a moment, I wasn’t entirely sure whether I had just been complimented.
But then he continued.
“I learn a lot from the way you choose your words and communicate things. And quite often, I find myself thinking about how I can apply what you write to my own work.”
That made me genuinely happy.
Even Though I Write About Healthcare
Most of what I write is about healthcare.
About patients.
About hospitals.
About community medicine.
About medical students and residents.
And lately, from many different angles, I have been writing about what it means to bring healthcare into the community.
So of course I am happy when healthcare professionals read my posts.
I am even happier when a medical student or resident finds something meaningful in them.
But here was my barber, reading something I had written about healthcare and saying:
“I think about how I can apply it to my own work.”
That stopped me for a moment.
Bringing Healthcare into the Community
Perhaps bringing healthcare into the community does not simply mean healthcare professionals stepping outside the hospital.
Perhaps it also means taking the things we think about inside hospitals and expressing them in words that people outside healthcare can make their own.
A barber may find something that speaks to his work.
A shopkeeper may find something that speaks to theirs.
A teacher may see education in it.
A family may see everyday life.
And each person may take the same idea and turn it into something different.
Perhaps it is only then that
healthcare truly belongs to the community.
While Getting a Haircut
I wasn’t explaining our hospital philosophy.
I wasn’t giving a lecture on primary health care.
I was simply sitting in a barber’s chair when someone said:
“I read your posts.”
Yet in that ordinary conversation, I found something very close to the answer to what we have been trying to do all along.
Don’t keep the language of healthcare inside healthcare.
Don’t let it belong only to professionals.
Take it far enough that someone in the community can read it and think:
“There’s something like this in my work, too.”
That, too, is community healthcare.
It Reached My Barber.
When I started writing this blog, I never imagined anything like this.
I kept writing about clinical care.
About the hospital.
About the community.
And somewhere along the way, those words began walking out of the hospital on their own.
Today, I went out for a haircut—
and found those words waiting for me there.
Perhaps that is what makes me happiest.
It is exciting to see the number of page views rise.
It is fascinating to discover that people overseas are reading the blog.
But when something I have written remains in the work of someone in my own community as a question worth thinking about—
there may be no more meaningful kind of “access” than that.
I only went there to get my hair tidied up.
Somehow, I think I came away having had my own thoughts tidied up as well.(笑)
Bringing healthcare into the community.
Perhaps it does not mean simply bringing healthcare out into the community.
Perhaps it also means allowing healthcare to enter the lives of people in the community—
and become something else in their hands.
That is our challenge.
Atsushi Ishii

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿